For a long time, to provide remote communication with the object during the commissioning, it was necessary to use a personal computer as a means of remote control. To program the controller, the software installed on such a PC and additional programs required to manage the development process were required.
As practice has shown, programming on the Internet using Remote Desktop, RAdmin and the like is not very convenient, especially if the object is in an area where communication is not stable. It turns out that if not the best and not the cheapest communication and data exchange either slows down or does not work at all.
In this connection, I set myself the task of understanding the possibilities of remote control and programming, when the PLC is connected directly to a router that has an Internet connection.
In total, I know three ways of such connections: access to a static IP, the use of dynamic DynDNS connection and a dedicated connection over the VPN channel.
In this article, we’ll look at the first way – accessing a static dedicated IP address with port routing (forwarding). In the example, a router was used from the company MGTS GPON RV6699 and PLC PLC Aries PLK110-32-L.
Below is a step-by-step configuration of the router.
1. It is necessary to ensure that the router has found and reflected in the list of connected devices your controller. If it is not visible in the list of connected devices, then further configuration does not make sense, because the routing rules registered in the router will not work.
2. You must reserve the static IP address of the PLC (it must be in the DHCP address range), and also the local DNS address with the MAC address. We do not forget to set the gateway address inside the PLC itself, that is, the local IP address of our router.
3. Prescribing the routing of the necessary ports to us (from which port and where the transition should take place). We set the UPnP option.
4. Disable the Firewall completely or greatly simplify the protection functions. Our IP-address should be visible through the Internet and ping.
5. It is necessary to check locally that the ports we need are open on the router. To do this, go to the link 2ip.ru. To check if the port is open from the outside (from the Internet), use this link https://pentest-tools.com/network-vu…nline-nmap?run
In the same way, the tasks of remote dispatching can be solved. The method is rather risky, since the device is open in the network, but very effective.
#Routing, #ports, #router, #GPON, #RV6699, #MGTS, #remote, #access, #NAT, #routing